Throughout 2017, SESQUI is hosting exciting events and activities where Canadians can check out our 360° cinematic experiences, groundbreaking storytelling and innovative celebrations of Canada.
CINEMATIC DOME TOUR SCHEDULE
SUPPORTED BY ONTARIO150
SESQUI is bringing a travelling mobile dome to communities across Ontario this summer to provide the most immersive SESQUI experience possible. In partnership with Ontario150, the SESQUI dome tour will offer a true 360° experience of the film HORIZON. Seating will be free, offered on a first-come, first served basis.
- Toronto, June 21 – June 25
- London, June 29 – July 3
- Windsor, July 7 – July 11
- Sault Ste. Marie, July 16 – July 20
- Thunder Bay, July 24 – July 28
- Richmond Hill, August 3 – August 7
- Kingston, August 11 – August 15
Click here for more info!
DOME THEATRES AND POP-UPS
SESQUI has partnered with museums, planetariums and science centres across Canada to showcase HORIZON in some of the best dome theatres in the country. We’re also working with festivals and events across Canada to offer pop-up screenings in inflatable full-dome structures.
UPCOMING HORIZON FIXED-DOME THEATRICAL RUNS INCLUDE:
- TELUS Spark – Calgary, AB
- HR MacMillan Space Centre – Vancouver, BC
- Manitoba Museum – Winnipeg, MB
- Science North – Sudbury, ON
- The Discovery Centre – Halifax, NS
- TELUS World of Science – Edmonton, AB
More details here.
VIRTUAL REALITY EXHIBITIONS
Canadians will have an opportunity to experience SESQUI’s MERIDIAN VR through exhibitions hosted at some of Canada’s top interactive, technology and cinema festivals, national events, tourism destinations and cultural institutions.
UPCOMING VR EXHIBITIONS INCLUDE:
- DocX at Brookfield Place, Hot Docs Canadian International Documentary Festival – Toronto, ON (April 27 – May 7)
- STEAM Fest 2017 at the University of Regina – Regina, SK (May 18 -20)
- Innovation150: In Every Class – Contest; winning school TBA (May 26)
- Canada Day 150 – Mississauga, ON (July 1, Celebration Square)
- Canadian National Exhibition – Toronto, ON (Aug 18 – Sept 4)
More details on our VR exhibitions here.
MERIDIAN VR APP
Experience MERIDIAN VR from anywhere when the mobile platform launches May 24, using Oculus Rift, Gear VR and Google Cardboard. Downloaded the app through the Apple App store on iOS, the Google Play Store for Android and the Oculus store. For more info on MERIDIAN VR, click here.
OTHER SESQUI EXPERIENCES
Throughout the year, SESQUI’s team of creators and innovators will speak about the future of Canada, storytelling and immersive technology at a variety of events. We will also be hosting Twitter chats on “the future of…” topics that matter to Canadians. Please let us know if you would like us to speak at your conference or event.