SESQUI is organizing a seven-city tour of Ontario with a specially designed mobile dome that will showcase the HORIZON film to audiences in Toronto, London, Windsor, Sault Ste. Marie, Thunder Bay, Richmond Hill and Kingston throughout June to August (more details here). The tour will be managed by a team of tour professionals who will lead all the technical elements of the build, programming and tear down of the dome in each community.
There are a number of fun and exciting opportunities for interested volunteers to support this once-in-a-lifetime event.
BY BEING PART OF THE SESQUI VOLUNTEER TEAM YOU WILL:
- Be able to watch HORIZON, a soaring 360° visual symphony that puts you in the centre of the action during an inspiring showcase of Canadian creative expression, unfolding from coast to coast
- Get a free SESQUI T-shirt, pins and SESQUATCH stickers
- Learn about this innovative project and get involved in the SESQUI experience.
You’ll be working as a part of an exciting team, doing a variety of tasks including setting up chairs, site clean up, helping with equipment and general operational support. And when the day is over – it’s time to do it all in reverse: stacking and counting chairs, storing equipment, and restoring the site.
The Usher is responsible for the seating and the safety of patrons for showings in the SESQUI dome (seating capacity of 80), as well as audience traffic management throughout the site. Ushers are onsite to help guests have a fun and welcoming experience as they visit the SESQUI village. Ushers may be asked to assist SESQUI staff in carrying out other job functions within the scope of customer service, audience experience, pre-show prep, post-show breakdown, and guest and staff safety, emergency response, and security.
Ushers are important representatives of SESQUI; they are the first people the audience will meet when they arrive, and the last to say goodbye when they leave.
SESQUI is seeking volunteers to lead school groups through our mobile dome experience as a docent. SESQUI’s educational programs aim to be a transformative learning experience for our audiences. This is an excellent opportunity for teacher candidates, teachers, retired teachers or candidates with experience working in arts education.
Shift Schedule: Shifts will run as follows in each location for the duration of the tour in each participating city from 11:30 am to 2:30 pm (3 hr. shift).
- Toronto – June 21, 22 2017
- Windsor July 11, 2017
- Sault Ste. Marie July 18, 19, 20 2017
- Thunder Bay July 25, 26, 27 2017
- Richmond Hill – August 3, 4 2017
- Kingston – August 15, 2017
The responsibilities of this volunteer position will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Attend Docent training
- Volunteer for one 3-hour shift
- Assist in welcoming school groups to SESQUI Dome village
- Give a guided tour to school groups through the Dome
- Excellent interpersonal relations and demonstrated ability to work effectively in teams
- Experience working with school groups
- Good public speaker, can learn and retain scripted information
- Punctual and dependable
- Neat and maintain a professional appearance
Interested candidates are to send their resume and reference to Jennie Cross via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for interested candidates: June 7, 2017 (Ongoing until August 14, 2017)
We’d love for you to join the SESQUI VOLUNTEER TEAM! If you’re interested, please email email@example.com to sign up OR for more information.